The PBP is a community united in protecting, restoring, managing, linking, celebrating and recreating within the unique environmental resources of the Massachusetts Coastal Pine Barrens.
To bring about broad recognition of the unique qualities and intrinsic value of the Massachusetts Coastal Pine Barrens; To ensure the protection of its most endearing cultural and environmental attributes and its amazing diversity of plants and animals; And to continually celebrate the Pine Barrens’ important contributions to our quality of life, to the landscape’s resiliency, and to the Barrens’ enduring appeal to residents and visitors alike.
Foster collective action to effectively address:
- Loss of coastal and upland habitats to development
- Habitat fragmentation
- Loss of plant and animal species
- Degradation of surface water quality and potential contamination of drinking water supplies
- Obstructions, diversions and withdrawals impacting fisheries
- Fire protection, fire exclusion, wildfire fuels mitigation
- Invasive species
- Sand and gravel extraction
- Climate change
- Community education and engagement to connect people and ecosystems
Conservation in action: check out this video of a blue carbon project that Pine Barrens Partnership steering committee member Tonna-Marie Surgeon-Rogers helped to facilitate.